First, an important word about security: Your password should be kept confidential at all times. Students should not share this information with anyone, including MCC staff.
myCommNet is the portal that provides access to online student self-service (Banner), MCC’s course management system (Blackboard) and other online services.
Student Passwords-Getting Started:
- Go to http://my.commnet.edu
- Enter student NetID (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter initial password. (Details below.)
About your NetID and password:
A student NetID is the assigned eight digit number (BannerID) followed by @student.commnet.edu. (Example: email@example.com) Your BannerID number can be found on your registration document. The student’s initial password is made up of the following three components:
- The first three characters of your birth month with the first letter capitalized (example: Mar)
- The & symbol
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number (example: 4321)
- The initial password for this example user would be: Mar&4321 Note: the password is case-sensitive.
- Upon logging in you will be prompted to change your password. Choose a new password now.
- myCommNet and campus computers use the same username (NetID) and password.
Passwords must follow these rules:
- Must be eight characters long
- Must contain three of the following four character types: Upper case letters (A-Z), lower case letters (a-z), digits (0-9), and special characters (e.g. !@#$%^)
- Must not be the same as your any of your previous ten passwords.
- Cannot contain any part of your username
Resetting Your NetID:
- Go to http://supportcenter.ct.edu/NetID/pswdmenu.asp to reset your password.
- Select Reset Your Password
- Click the link for Resetting your Password via Email or by Security Question
- After successfully resetting your password, try logging in again.
- Students unable to log in may contact the MCC Help Desk at 860-512-3456. When students requesting a reset of the NetID visit the Help Desk, they must be able to answer multiple security questions to prove their identity.
To check on class materials, receive class-related messages, review syllabi, interact with your classmates, and participate in online discussion forums.
- Log onto myCommNet
- Click on the “Blackboard” link near the upper right-hand corner to enter the MyBlackboard page.
If students have just registered for classes for the first time, they may need to wait 24-48 hours for any change to be reflected.
If you have any problems accessing their Blackboard course after successfully logging into myCommNet, call the ETDL Sandbox at 860-512-2857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Evenings and weekends, go to http://cscu.edusupportcenter.com