Feb 17, 2019
The Management Information Systems associate degree program is offered to students who would like to continue their studies at another college or university to earn a bachelor’s degree. This program requires a mixture of business, and technology courses, which students would normally take the first two years at a baccalaureate institution. Students planning to transfer should consult a counselor or faculty advisor about their choice of electives before selecting specific courses.
Students should be familiar with the requirements of the institution to which they will transfer credits. We encourage you to select your transfer college or university as early as possible.
Students may enroll in this program full- or part-time. Students should have a sound foundation in mathematics, problem solving and communication skills.
Upon successful completion of all Management Information Systems degree program requirements, graduates will
- Demonstrate relevant content knowledge of core business disciplines; accounting, business law, management, and marketing.
- Define information systems and describe their importance to organizations.
- Describe the basic methodologies used to develop and implement information systems.
- Apply project management concepts, tools and techniques, to prepare basic documents such as a project charter, project schedule and project scope document.
- Utilize business application software including spreadsheet, database, presentation, and word processing for business decision-making and analysis.
- Recognize the importance of working in teams to achieve common goals, and collaborate effectively in group assignments.
In addition, the graduate will complete the comprehensive learning outcomes identified with the General Education Core.
Management Information Systems Requirements
- ACC* 115: Financial Accounting 4 Credits ‡
- CST* 201: Introduction to MIS 3 Credits
- ENG* 101: Composition 3 Credits (Gen Ed - English )
- COM* 173: Public Speaking 3 Credits (Gen Ed - Humanities )
- CSC* 127: Java I 3 Credits or
- CSC* 128: Java II 3 Credits or
- CSC* 124: Programming Logic and Design with Python 3 Credits or
- CSC* 125: Programming Logic and Design with C++ 3 Credits
- ECN* 102: Principles of Microeconomics 3 Credits or any Gen Ed - Social Sciences course
- ACC* 117: Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 Credits
- MAT* 165: Elementary Statistics with Computer Applications 4 Credits (Gen Ed - Mathematics )
- Choose one course from Gen Ed - The Arts 3 Credits
- BMG* 202: Principles of Management 3 Credits
- CSA* 135: Spreadsheet Applications 3 Credits or Technical Elective 3 Credits‡‡
- MAT* 158: Functions, Graphs & Matrices 3 Credits (Gen Ed - Mathematics )
- Any Business or Technical Elective (one from list designators below) 3-4 Credits
ACC*, BBG*, BES*, BFN*, BMG*, BMK*, BOT*, CSA*, CSC*, CST*, ECN*, or LGL*
- BMG* 204: Managerial Communication 3 Credits or
- ENG* 110: Introduction to Literature 3 Credits
- BMK* 201: Principles of Marketing 3 Credits
- BFN* 201: Principles of Finance 3 Credits or
- MAT* 230: Applied Calculus with a Modeling Approach 3 Credits
- CST* 205: Project Management 4 Credits
- BBG* 234: Legal Environment of Business 3 Credits
- Choose one course from Gen Ed - Physical and Natural Sciences 3-4 Credits
Total Minimum Credits Required: 60