Jul 18, 2018
CSCU Pathway Transfer, A.A. degree programs are for Connecticut Community College students who wish to transfer to one of the Connecticut State Universities or Charter Oak without either losing any credits or being required to take extra credits in order to complete a bachelor’s degree in that same discipline. Community College students can complete associate degree programs that transfer without hassle to all Connecticut State Universities and Charter Oak State College offering their major. Upon transfer, students are guaranteed full junior status and can complete a bachelor’s degree in their major without losing any credits or be required to take any extra credits.
With this degree you will be able to transfer to the following majors:
At Central Connecticut State University: History, B.A.
At Eastern Connecticut State University: History, B.A.
At Southern Connecticut State University: History, B.A.
At Western Connecticut State University: History, B.A.
At Charter Oak State College: General Studies - History Concentration, B.A.
Below is the recommended course of study for the History Studies Transfer Degree. In order to graduate and be guaranteed admission to a State University or to Charter Oak State College, you must earn an overall 2.0 grade point average.
Upon successful completion of the CSCU Pathway Transfer: History Studies degree program, students will have met the following competency outcomes and goals:
- Aesthetic Dimensions
- Continuing Learning/Information Literacy
- Critical Analysis/Logical Thinking
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Historical Knowledge and Understanding
- Oral Communications
- Scientific Reasoning
- Scientific Knowledge and Understanding
- Social Phenomena
- Written Communication
CSCU Pathway Transfer: History Studies Requirements
- ENG* 101: Composition 3 Credits
- Choose one Quantitative Reasoning course 3 Credits
- Choose one Oral Communication course 3 Credits
- HIS* 201: United States History I 3 Credits
- Choose any Aesthetic Dimensions course 3 Credits
- ENG* 110: Introduction to Literature 3 Credits or
- ENG* 200: Advanced Composition 3 Credits
- HIS* 202: United States History II 3 Credits
- Choose one Social Phenomena course 3 Credits
- Choose one Additional General Education I course 3 Credits
- Choose one Additional General Education II course 3 Credits
- Choose any Scientific Reasoning course 3 Credits
- Choose four Unrestricted Electives (HIS* 101 , HIS* 102 , HIS* 121 , HIS* 122 , ANT* 101 , PSY* 111 , or GEO* 111 recommended) 12 Credits
- Choose any Scientific Knowledge course 3 Credits
- Choose any Historical Knowledge and Understanding course 3 Credits
- Choose two Unrestricted Electives (HIS* 101 , HIS* 102 , HIS* 121 , HIS* 122 , ANT* 101 , PSY* 111 , or GEO* 111 recommended) 6 Credits
Total Minimum Credits Required: 60